- 2 Cups Masa Harina
- 2 Tablespoons wheat gluten
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 Cups warm water
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
2. Mix the gluten into the masa as well as the salt an combine thoroughly. Add the water and mix until you have a consalidate piece of warm, soft masa.
3. Press the masa out into the pan, all the way to the edges. The crust will be thin but the added gluten will help it hold it’s structure.
4. Bake the crust by itself for ten minutes.
5. Remove the crust from the oven and dress as desired. I suggest starting with a can of refried beans for the sauce. Add some hot sauce and lime for some kick. Ranchero sauce would also be a good choice.
6. Add a portion of fully cooked chorizo sausage as well as shredded cheese.
7. Bake for about another ten minutes until the cheese is browning and bubbling in the center. Allow to cool and remove from the pan before cutting.