- 2 cups high gluten bread flour
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Stir the yeast into the water. Let the yeast proof for a few minutes while you combine the remaining ingredients.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add first the oil and stir it into the flour. Pour most of the water/yeast mixture into the flour and stir, making sure to move the spoon along the sides and bottom of the bowl in order to incorporate as much as possible. When the water has been absorbed as much as you can get, gradually add the remaining water and stir until a rough mass of dough forms.
3. Once the dough forms, it is finished; it does not require kneading. Place the dough out into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Put it into the refrigerator and leave it there for at least 24 hours.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge two hours before baking. When you are ready to bake, the oven should be preheated to 500 degrees.
5. Roll the dough out as thin as you can get it and place it into your thin crust pan. A cutter pan works well for this because you can cut around the edges of the pan, making a perfectly shaped crust. Perforate the crust with a fork to prevent the crust from forming air pockets while baking.
6. Drizzle some olive oil and brush it over the crust. Spread out a thin layer of sauce, followed by your toppings and cheese of choice. Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes, rotating once halfway through.