- 2 Cups bread flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 Cup India Pale Ale
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large to medium sized mixing bowl. Add the oil and stir until well combined. Add most of the beer and stir until your feel like it has been fully incorporated. Add the remaining beer, a little at a time until a rough dough has formed.
2. Knead the dough, pressing down into it with the palm of your hand, turning the dough back towards yourself and pushing down again. Keep flour on hand and dust the counter and dough as it begins to get sticky. You will feel the gluten strands tightening as you work. A good ten minutes of kneading should be sufficient.
3. Put the dough in a bowl and cover it with plastic. Let it rise on the counter for several hours. For ideal development, put the dough into the fridge. Let it rest there until the next day. Just make sure you pull the dough out several hours in advance so it can come back down to room temperature.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees. If you are using a hearth stone, make sure it is preheating inside the oven
5. Roll the pizza out and dress it with sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you choose. The pizza should bake for 10 to 15 minutes. The cheeses should be bubbling towards the center and the crust should be browning nicely. Let the pizza cool for several minutes before cutting and serving.